Eurochurch.net is happy to announce the culmination of a year’s research with the release of our report on missions and church planting in Europe. Over 600 people in 35 countries have responded to our questionnaire, making this the largest project of its type ever carried out in Europe. The report contains a country by country directory of people involved in church planting, together with an overview of church planting activity in that country and some useful reports and analysis. We hope that the database will help people network, collaborate, and avoid duplication of effort.
It will also form our research database for the future. Every six months we will email all the participants asking them to confirm that the information we hold on them is correct, and we will also ask them to answer a few simple questions about the work in which they are involved. By doing this systematically over a number of years we will build up a comprehensive understanding of the complex nature of church planting in Europe today, which we hope will be a useful resource to academics, practitioners, church and network leaders and agencies.
Some of the fascinating information contained in this report includes:
· In the last 30 years the number of evangelical churches in Bulgaria has increased by 500%
· 100 churches have been planted in Oslo in the last 10 years
· There are now hundreds of churches in Albania which once was officially an atheist country
· A new congregation has been planted in France every week for the last 30 years
· There are now over 100,000 charismatic Roman Catholics in Italy
· One denomination in Greece has planted over 100 new churches in the last 15 years
Additionally, the report contains informative articles on evaluating the effectiveness of church planting and a review of the different models of church planting that are available.
We would like to express our gratitude to The Maclellan Foundation for funding this research, and to our research partners The Nova Research Centre who provided resources and research supervision.
To download an electronic copy of the report please Click Here.
If you would like a bound hard copy then you can purchase one from our Store for €20.00